Junior's comparison is fair enough; I have no doubt Gill was more
impressive, but did either Old 97's or Whiskeytown play anything
remotely country sounding? I remember both bands being just rock bands
for the ACL broadcast. Hardly a throw down between alt and standard
country since two bands were handicapped by just playing rock n roll <g>
and sloppy at that.