jamie wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Stuart Munro wrote:
>
> > As well, aren't there a few alternatives to these two that you TwangCast
> > boys might consider?  Shockwave, Audioative (both of which Carl Z's station
> > use, if I'm not mistaken), Streamworks, etc.?
>
>  Check out shoutcast (www.shoutcast.com). It's an MP3 streaming server
> using winamp as the client. And it's free. Very cool.
>
> jamie

It doesn't run on a mac yet either, however.

I think it is a little bit unfair to characterize mac users as a tiny
minority- if you want to be anecdotal about it, literally everybody I
know in the music business world-wide uses Macs and I daresay the
majority of creative people in all fields use them. It is also a fact
that a highly disproportionate number of internet users and web page
authors use Macs. I firmly feel that it is a grave error to ghettoize
us, which happens all too often.
--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records