jim:
>I'm not wanting to play contrarian again, but I have to jump in on this. I
>think Heather Myles' problem is that she's only a fair to middlin' singer
>with a taste for just ok songs and the good songs she chooses have been
>done better by others (I mean Kiss An Angel Good Morning?-puh-leese). I
>don't think she's sexy (my dog would look good on a Harley <g>) and the
>couple of live performances that I've seen of hers lacked any kind of
>respectable energy. I know that some folks on this list think her record
>from last year was great, but I thought it was a yawner.

Jim hits the nail on the head. I too was disappointed with Myle's cd.
I listened to it a few times when I first bought it last Fall. Did nothing for
me.
When it started showing up on everyone's top 10 lists, I dragged it out again.
I listened to it a lot during one of my drives from Boston to Nashville. Like
the drive
wasn't boring enough. <g>
the songwriting is cliched at best. Myles has a good voice, but I don't think
it's anything that special. I'll say the same thing about the songwriting on
Allison
Moorer's cd. They both have good voices and they are good looking.
And that's pretty much a dime a dozen here in Nashville. Not Kelly Willis.
That's
another story. Excellent songwriting and inspired cover choices. I've been
listening
to her new cd pretty much non-stop for about 3 months now. I'd even hand over my
woodchipper
to sing like Kelly Willis for just one day. <g>

marie