In a message dated 2/5/99 3:00:41 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< I cannot help but think of one k.d. lang who does have a superior voice
 and who did put out a really good album "Absolute Torch & Twang" and who saw
 Nashville abandon her due to her non cover-girl looks and the rumors that
 she was gay. >>

lang was actually run out of country music because of her radical
vegetarianism. She did some anti-beef print ads that riled up the
midwesterners, who in turn refused to play her records. There are several
lesbians in country music who have done quite well.

On a side note, I think both the Heather Myles and Alison Moorer albums were
two of the best country records put out in 1998. I am not even considering the
looks factor, just the music. It seems to be a matter of taste, plain and
simple.

Slim