Don Yates wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Joe Gracey wrote:
>
> > I was a kid dj in Ft. Worth during this time, and my boss was the guy
> > who wrote "Fraulein"
>
> Your boss was Lawton Williams?!  Not only did he write "Fraulein," but he
> also wrote what may very well be my all-time favorite country song, Gene
> Watson's "Farewell Party."  He's still writin' some good 'uns too -- he
> wrote a coupla fine tunes for Justin Trevino's Texas Honky Tonk
> album.--don

Yep. Lawton was the Program Director and was taking the Gospel of Chet
to the people of Cowtown. This was in 1967, when FM radio was a
stepchild, unused format that nobody listened to. Putting music on FM
radio was hopeless, since very few people had the receivers for it.
Chet's idea was that if you removed the hard-core honky tonk stuff you
could attract a much wider audience, especially females.
--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records