At 02:18 PM 3/2/99 -0600, Bob asked about distinctions between REAL and
unreal country music:

>Well, but have you written this off as a question not worth exploring
>-- how far can a style be stretched and still be considered part of
>that style?

No, I haven't written it off as a question altogether; I was just doubting
that the question would be taken beyond a superficial level in that column,
given that the expression looked to be code, as it typically is, for
"hardcore" country (as if softshell isn't "real" country), or older styles
of country (as if HNC wasn't "real" country) or simply "country that I
like" (which is no help at all, at least in regards to what's "real" or
not). --david cantwell