Marie asked:

> I believe
> that album also contained my favorite Split Enz song of all - "Iris".
> Am I right, Jerry? And do you have that album? The Split Enz
> greatest hits cd does not include "Iris", unfortunately.

Hill, Christopher J replied:

> "Iris" is on _Waiata_.  Also called _Corroboree_ (and the reason I
> couldn't replace my tape of _Waiata_ - I was looking for the wrong
> title).  It's this album and _Time and Tide_ that vie for my favorite
> Enz discs.
>
> Favorite song?  Too tough.  "I Don't Wanna Dance", "Hello
> Sandy Allen", "Dirty Creature", "Message to My Girl", "Six
> Months in a Leaky Boat"...  Great, great, band.

WAIATA was the name of the US issue, CORROBOREE the version for the Anzacs,
same tunes.
>From the AMG:

> Waiata is the Maori word for party (the album was given the Aboriginal party
>                   title, Corroboree in Australia).

I *think* the only way to get anything but TRUE COLOURS is to get it on
import, the Australian Mushroom label. That's how I've got most of their
records, anyway, and I have everything.
WAIATA is very much a time and place record for me, (1981, kids) but still
a very sentimental fave and my favorite Split Enz, though I suppose TIME
AND TIDE would have to be considered *best*. Chris mentions some great
tunes,  (mostly all from T+T) but leaves out my favorite Split Enz and Neil
Finn song, "One Step Ahead", from WAIATA. Not to mention "History Never
Repeats".
And Marie, the Split Enz greatest hits comps blow. Not nearly long enough,
for one thing, and poor song selection IMO.
If you're interested in a highly subjective best-of (but authoritative, of
course<g>) let me know. I'd love to do a tape.
And Chaco, if you're still following along, that Neil Finn record is pretty
good, and not as different from his regular material as implied. If you're
a fan, I'd recommend it.

b.s.

n.p. Rhonda Vincent A DREAM COME TRUE