Lowell Kaufman wrote:

> But the last 30-40 minutes of this record are top notch and killer.
> Reminds me of the days I snuck into some dives in Miami to hear some
> great bar bands when miami had an interesting music scene in the early
> 80s (not blues like this, but the raw spirit is the same). And you get
> Lou Ann singinging Teena Ne Na Nu not once, but twice!
>
> Anyone else know about this record?

Yeah, and I second all of your comments. The quality is super poor--in fact,
it took me awhile to even get to those last 30 minutes, but my reaction was
like yours: if I'm in the mood for greasy, unkempt bar blues, this is the
bomb.

I remember buying "Old Enough" when it came out on vinyl in 1982 on the basis
of a Rolling Stone review (I remember buying Lou Reed's "The Blue Mask" at the
same time) and just being absolutely, totally knocked out by that voice. And I
still am.

Dallas