On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Bob Soron wrote:

> At 5:00 PM -0500  on 3/3/99, Jon Weisberger said of Garth Brooks:
>
> >Personally, I think he made a good country record on
> >"Shameless"; the kickoff still fools me every time <g>.
>
> Always one to either take the bait or serve up the straight line,
> depending...
>
> Fools you ... into thinking it's a country song? <g>

Reminds me of that line on Graham Parker's "Live and Alone In America"
where he says that "..in Russia they still thik Billy Joel's a rock and
roll singer." To which I always reply, "So What? In America they think
Garth Brooks is a Country-Western singer..."

--
 Geff King * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www2.ari.net/gking/
"Don't let me catch you laughin' when the jukebox cries"