> >Personally, I think he made a good country record on
> >"Shameless"; the kickoff still fools me every time <g>.
>
> Always one to either take the bait or serve up the straight line,
> depending...
>
> Fools you ... into thinking it's a country song? <g>

Fools me into thinking it was never anything *but* a country song, right
until that off chord pops up.  One of the most insightful comments I ever
heard about country music was that you ought not to expect a great deal of
harmonic complexity from a genre in which "off chord" is a useful concept
<g>.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/