Chris wrote:

> I'm a bit amused that there seems to be a strong alt.country (or at least
> Uncle Tupelo) backlash going on on this list.

C'mon, CK, why be amused? It's been clear to me for the past, oh, two
years, that the name of this list is mainly incidental for many of us. It
has about as much connection with the breadth of music discussed here, and
the diversity of opinion about it, as the name "The Cowboys" has to do
with that pack of gridiron miscreants who (occasionally) play football in
Dallas. In one respect, I'd add, Postcard 2 works as a sort  of backlash
receptacle for many people who are shit-sick of hearing about UT, Wilco,
etc. With me, I hopped on Postcard, briefly, at the recommendation of my
youngest brother, a UT fan, and then hopped off as soon as I heard about
P-2. I'm not saying I'm typical in that respect; but I'm sure as hell not
unique. -- Terry Smith