>But with the exception of Rumour and Sigh I don't think his records hold
>up as well as his songs.  ANd I blame the production more than anything.
>I would still agree with Terry, if he had done anything that I liked
>in the last 5 years . . . but INdustry and a bunch of live bootlegs with
>Danny Thompson has left me a little wanting.

What Jim said.

I'm a longtime RT fan and most of the Mitchell Froom productions of the past
twelve years or so leave me cold. But live, Thompson's songs truly come alive.
Seeing him play "Vincent Black Lightning 1952" all by himself disproves those
ugly rumors that he's really got three hands. And makes me want to sell my
guitar in frustration...

A new RT album with full band called "Mock Tudor" will be released later this
year. Froom only guests on keyboards. It's produced by Tom Rothrock and Rob
Schnapf, the two guys are that did the latest Beck and Elliott Smith albums. Not
sure what to make of that, actually.

And being a Thompson and Fairport Convention fan, those green Ryko jewel cases
really do suck. But they always replaced them for me for free. It's been awhile
since I tried it, though.

Gregg

Gregg Makepeace
[EMAIL PROTECTED]