On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Gregg Makepeace wrote:

> A new RT album with full band called "Mock Tudor" will be released
> later this year. Froom only guests on keyboards. It's produced by Tom
> Rothrock and Rob Schnapf, the two guys are that did the latest Beck
> and Elliott Smith albums. Not sure what to make of that, actually.

Well I am really really looking forward to that.  I am a chicagoan and I
would say there are two changings of the guard that I have long ached for
1.) McCaskey get's relieved of his role as GM of the Bears and  2.) that
anyone else but Mitchell Froom produce RT.  I am really psyched about both
of these things happening!!  I cannot wait for that record.

Oh actually a third thing might be whomever is responsible for that crappy
synth/keyboard padding on recent Springsteen cuts be relieved of their
producing input.  Even if it is Springsteen himself.  I swear that is the
cheesiest sound in the world.

anyway,

-jim

ps -- I am slowly reversing my opinion of Summerteeth, and What I Believe
to where I am loving them instead of liking them.  For that matter the Joe
Henry is even having its moments.  I am glad I am not a record reviewer!!
I would have too many regrets . . . or maybe I am just in a good mood
'cause I am leaving for Austin in 10 hours. <g>