No, no, I know that, Mr.Junior. (I mean, really, with a name like
     "Junior", you'd have been drummed out of the Teddy-and-Walt Noble
     Frankfurters Clubhouse at the first meeting...) But I was somewhat,
     somehow serious that the management-and-creation-of-taste line, while
     valid, can turn into monolithic cultural conspiracy theory (a la
     Adorno) if not used with caution and parental warning stickers. PLEASE
     STEP AWAY FROM THE YELLOW LINE. Etc.

     (The above in reference to the statement from the
     plaintiff-turned-defendant, Philip aka "Junior" Barnard, aka "the
     twangy professor":
     >Like, dude <g>, I would never look at pop culture from Adorno's
     >perspective, so I take this as facetiousness.)

     In other news, went to an Epitaph preview party for Tom Waits's new
     album The Mule Variations last night. Hard to hear over the
     beer-fuelled chatter (including mine) but sounded, in a word,
     extraordinary.

     Carl W.