Amy H:
>the balance seems to be shifting, on country > radio and on CMT, back toward
a preponderance of music that we may or may
> not like, but that we can all agree, I think, is indisputably what we think
> of as country music, unlike some of the more pop-oriented HNC stuff. That's
> why Junior and other folks, me among them, are finding it so much easier to
> listen to mainstream country radio lately.

     In Toronto and I think several other markets (tho I can't recall where
     else I've read about) this is also, unfortunately, linked to the
     conversion of country stations into modern-rock stations. As the HNC
     bubble has evaporated (it hasn't quite burst), audiences that listened
     to these stations in lukewarm-to-country areas don't seem to like the
     shift, they leave and are not replaced, and new-country programmers
     are as apt to switch as to fight.

     Carl W.