From: Jon Weisberger

>More to the point, though, the CMF's new Encyclopedia of Country
>Music says that 1) she came to Nashville with a tape and hooked up with
>Shedd there,

Well shame on me then for watching and believing what I see on VH1, but
according to their report, she was singing away doing her lounge act while
Mr Shedd just happened to be in the audience.  As reported by Mr. Shedd in
the segment, he approached Shania and asked her to please come back to
Nashville with him.

>2) "by her teens she was a veteran of Canadian country TV
>shows," which suggests that her background wasn't solely pop.

I never meant to suggest that her background was "solely" pop (which I know
it kinda came off sounding like), but according to Terry's post (which got
me started), he was dissapointed in Shania for her desertion of "real
country."  I just don't see it that way.  It's not as if she had some long
struggle as an unknown country artist, then only to make it to the top and
totally do a 180, thus leaving her throngs of long devoted country fans in
the dust.
Now if Terry was simply saying that he liked Shania better as a "real
country" performer, than the pop diva she's now becoming, then I can
understand that.

Derek