Junior said:

>> As a teenager I spent a summer in Belgrade with a girlfriend and came back
>> with some Serbian 45s (long since lost in the mists of personal history)
>> and a pair of chinese-made Chuck Taylor-style basketball shoes with Mao on
>> the little round logo place on the outside heel.  They were extremely cool
>> and I wore them all the time till they fell apart about six months later
>> (not very well made <g>).
>
>Fantastic.  Junior, I think if we started a "coolest shoe" thread on teh
>fluff channel, you'd win hands down.

That's weird. I bought a pair of Red High Top Chuck Taylors at a flea
market in the New Territories of Hong Kong back in 1990. They had the Chuck
emblem, but I think they were either bootlegged, or licensed to be made
over in China. I love them shoes and I still wear them although they
embarrass my son and wife to death. They're size 12 and they refer to them
as my ugly bozo shoes. Fuck 'em. They have no taste.

Jeff Wall
 http://www.twangzine.com The Webs least sucky music magazine
3421 Daisy Crescent - Va Beach, Va - 23456