<< Cash eclipses Dylan. Cash is one of only two musicians in both
 the country and rock halls of fame. Cash has Dylan in decades o'
 influence, five to four. Cash helped *found* rock & roll, for
 chrissake.  >>

I'll still disagree with you Dave. First off, who gives a rat's ass about how
many halls of fame Cash is in compared to Dylan. Are you really gonna give
creedence to an organization (rock) that inducts Billy Joel as a member?
Pshaw. You know better than to use that as an argument.

Plus, in this here day and age, every singer-songwriter who ever picked up an
acoustic guitar, every folk-rocker, every punk rocker and every politically
charged rapper (and any other outspoken musician), and every artist who
defied their own musical definition and followed his or her own muse, quite
likely owes a debt to the Zim. Where's the obvious examples of modern-day
repercussions of Cash's work? And if Cash *found* rock & roll, does that mean
Elvis didn't? Hmm... guess I've got my musical references all wrong.

Neal Weiss