In a message dated 4/20/99 2:38:17 PM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< It has struck me that Tweedy has gotten to be much more of an attitude
 performer as the years have rolled on.  In UT, he was quite the ray of
 sunshine and the entertaining one compared to Farrar, and he continued to
 have an entertainer's approach and worked his intrinsic charm during the
 early Wilco tours.  Last couple of years, however, as best I've been
 able to observe it, he has definitely caught the artiste bug, in terms of
 his performance style.

I dunno tho, sure he might be more the artiste nowadays, but I still think he
tends to be very charming onstage. At least I've never seem him be anything
but. I even saw him do an acoustic performance once in LA before AM came out
where he was sick from bad Mexican food. He had to excuse himself more than
once to use the facilities, much to the amusement of Jay Bennet. And more
recently, on the Golden Smog tour, he was bar far the most charismatic
performer on that stage.

Anyhoo.

Neal Weiss