At 4:18 PM -0400  on 4/20/99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I dunno tho, sure he might be more the artiste nowadays, but I still
>think he
>tends to be very charming onstage. At least I've never seem him be anything
>but. I even saw him do an acoustic performance once in LA before AM
>came out
>where he was sick from bad Mexican food. He had to excuse himself more than
>once to use the facilities, much to the amusement of Jay Bennet. And more
>recently, on the Golden Smog tour, he was bar far the most charismatic
>performer on that stage.

I'm with Neal. It's no secret that I'm just not interested in anything
Tweedy is doing, but while I was going to shows learning that bit of
wisdom, I always thought he was having himself a grand old time. I can
separate my reaction to the performance from the performance, and I'd
never say he was phoning it in.

Bob