In a message dated 4/24/99 4:50:39 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< But it makes me
 cry precisely because his voice CAN'T do it anymore, which isn't so
 suprising since he's like only a few weeks away from being dead. He can't
 hit the high notes at all, or the low ones either. It's a pretty pathetic
 performance, but it's also painfully poignant for the sheer gesture of the
 attempt, or maybe because of his glassy-eyed obliviousness to his lack of
 chops.  >>

Are you sure we saw the same clip, or is it just not your cup of tea? <g>
Yeah, he looks like hell and the strain is intense, but my God, what a
performance. I stand by my perceptions.

Slim