On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:14:25 +0100
"Martin Strand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:14:56 +0100, mouss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Dan Horne wrote:
> >>
> >> At least a couple of times per year, some large mail provider
> >> makes me jump through their hoops to get my users' mail to them
> >> (bellsouth/at&t after the merger was a nightmare), but you know
> >> what? I jump every time because that is what my users are paying
> >> me for.
> >>

> > that's _your_ choice and your view. Many of us consider yahoo email
> > to be unreliable. But let's please kill this thread.
>
> And that's _your_ choice and view.
> Dan is right - it's ridiculous for any provider to say "sorry, we
> can't deliver mail to one of the largest email providers on the
> planet, and we're not trying to get around the problem". End users
> don't care about technical details, they just expect their email to
> get through when they click "Send".
>

> To get back on topic, we've been "deprioritized" by Yahoo in the past
> but filling out the form actually worked for us, so Robert's problem
> will likely disappear soon. :)
>
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/forms_index.html
>
> Of course, they expect you to setup your servers properly with
> SPF/DKIM/etc but you probably already know about that.
>
> Martin

But why yahoo do that? What is yahoo?? Why? Why we have no problem with
the others "largest email providers" like gmail, live etc? Why we are
addicted to do SPF etc to deal with yahoo? Is not for yahoo to make
theirs servers more reliable like others? Or does not yahoo have brains
and material capabilities to do that?

No sorry, I'm with mouss and others. Yahoo is not reliable. Postmasters
should not be addicted to fill yahoo's form or implement SPF to be able
to deal with yahoo. Because suppose "all", I say "all" honnest
postmaster in the world will fill up the famous yahoo form to be
whitelisted, prioritized and implemented the famous SPF, Robert's
problem will likely reappear soon. Right? Or is there
IP/ISP/DOMAIN segregation? If _you_ continue like this, perhaps yahoo
will finish to make you pay $ to be whitelisted. So, what you did will
never make yahoo more reliable.

That's to let me say "yahoo is ridiculous".

Tôba