Once
> > you fill out the form (which you did), you should get an email from
> > yahoo in a day or two, then you can reply and explain your problem.
> > just gave them all the IP addresses of all my mail servers, and
> > explained what they were for (why multiple mail servers, what
function
> > does each one perform).  It took a couple more days after that and
all
> > my mail servers have been whitelisted and have not had problems
sending
> > to Yahoo.  So in all, it only took the time and effort to write a
couple
> > of emails and fill out one web form.
>
> Hi Dan, i dont believe in that stuff
> i simply speculate they tried new stuff and failed with it, after all
> recived their default answers of the sent form  mails
> simply included other links to to other forms *arghh
>
> not something like
>
> "your were blackliste because and your now whitelistet"
>
> which would give usefull information
> and as i would expect from a tec company
>
> i felt yahoo as mail amateurs as well as
> aol and other big mail providers
>
> if i hadnt customers i would simply block all their mailservers *g
>
> perhaps people who have such mail addresses
> not really want mail, as you might read allready on the list there are
> plenty of postmasters which do not longer care of yahoo mail problems
> and call it simply broken

[DH] That's your prerogative, but it sounds a little backwards to me.
My responsibility is to make sure as much of my users' mail is delivered
as possible.  What do you think will happen if I tell my users that they
just can't send email to Yahoo because I don't want to jump through
Yahoo's hoops?  Or that their emails to Yahoo will generally be delayed
hours or days because I don't want to write a couple of emails or fill
out a couple of forms?  They'll go with someone that CAN send mail to
Yahoo, because it is ridiculous to not be able to send email to one of
the largest email providers in the world.  I provide my users with a
stable, reliable mail service, and part of that is ensuring their mail
can be delivered when possible.  I understand that sometimes it isn't
possible because the mail servers are broken, but Yahoo's servers aren't
broken, they are just strict.  Your mail will go through eventually, but
it will back up in your queue until that time.  And with very little
effort on your part, you can get whitelisted so that all your mail goes
through immediately.

At least a couple of times per year, some large mail provider makes me
jump through their hoops to get my users' mail to them (bellsouth/at&t
after the merger was a nightmare), but you know what? I jump every time
because that is what my users are paying me for.

Dan Horne
TAIS
Director of Operations
www.taisweb.net