On Jan 1, 2009, at 9:49 AM, mouss wrote:

Jeff Weinberger a écrit :

Thank you! That helps clarify what I was missing in this - so clearly
dspam is not passing the envelope sender back to postfix.

I suspect it doesn't know how via SMTP, but it can also use the
sendmail  command to do this. I will experiment with this.

no, keep using smtp. just check your setup (and see why dspam barks
about sql errors). ask on the dspam list.

If you wnat to keep using dspam, you should follow the (recent) fork:
        http://www.dspam-community.org

would the correct command be "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f" ?

yes, but smtp is better.

Thank you!

I will ask on the dspam list about this.

I've been reading the dspam docs this morning and the project owner states fairly strongly that sendmail is far preferable to SMTP re- injection (in the postfix setup docs), but doesn't say why. I don't know enough about the workings of dspam (yet) to know, but I'd tend to agree with you on the use of SMTP as more desirable.

dspam has always had this mysql issue, which is related to its database of spam tokens, and I'll look into whether it might be related.

Thank you for your help!