Sahil Tandon a écrit :
> I have been asked to replace the MUA Message-ID of SASL senders with a
> Postfix-generated ID.  The Message-ID of incoming mail which arrives via the
> same Postfix instance, but does not originate from a SASL authenticated
> sender, should not be touched. The submission service runs on port 587.  Are
> there any unintended consequences with (or more efficient alternatives to)
> the following implementation?
>
> In master.cf:
>
> - create cleanup clone called "special" with its own header_checks setting.
> - add "-o cleanup_service_name=special" under the submission service
>
> In header_checks.submit, which is referenced by the cleanup clone:
> /^Message-/     IGNORE
>
> This works as I'd expect, but will it break anything else?

as long as you only modify "submitted" mail, it should be ok. after all,
LookOut no more generates a message-id. and the fact that the generated
message-id will differ from the one in the Sent folder is moot.

While I am in, RFC 4409, 8.3, says:

   The MSA SHOULD add or replace the 'Message-ID' field, if it lacks it,
   or it is not valid syntax (as defined by [MESSAGE-FORMAT]).  Note
   that a number of clients still do not generate Message-ID fields.