Victor Duchovni a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 09:08:32PM +0100, mouss wrote:
>
>> No, I was referring to the "Sent" folder, populated by the MUA, either
>> in a local disk or using IMAP.
>
> I know some people clever-enough to set "Sent == Inbox", yes this is not
> very common.
>
> I personally have rules that tag outgoing mail into non-default Fcc
> folders, replies are moved there too, and correct threading is expected.
>
> Still, clearly this will do only modest harm if any for some sets of users.

I just enabled this here. I tested and it looks like it works (threads
not broken) on
- Thunderbird
- kmail
- Claws

but are broken on Evolution.

PS. In the message-id, claws uses the hostname, while TB and kmail use
the sender domain.
Note that the test used a test folder which only contains the test
messages. I have no idea if threads will still be correctly detected
with a folder full of mail.

I would conjecture that it "works" because the response comes from a
user listed in the recipients of the original mail. so threads would
break if a message is sent to a group alias (or a list) or if the
recipient responds with a different address. I might test this...