Hello,

I have a Postfix instance running as e-mail relay for authenticated client submission(s). I have some restrictions in place to enforce some requirements:

0- Everybody must authenticate
1- Some authorized SASL login names can send mail from other addresses
2- Who receives mail with an alias can also send as that alias
3- Everyone can send mail with an address matching their SASL login name

These requirements are satisfied with the following configuration:

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
  -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
  -o smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes
  -o local_header_rewrite_clients=static:all
  -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
  -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
  -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch   -o smtpd_sender_login_maps=lmdb:/etc/postfix/login_maps,lmdb:/etc/postfix/virtual,pcre:/etc/postfix/login_maps_address
  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

0- smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
1,2,3 - smtpd_sender_restrictions=reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch ... and the maps:
1- lmdb:/etc/postfix/login_maps
2- lmdb:/etc/postfix/virtual
3- pcre:/etc/postfix/login_maps_address

$ cat /etc/postfix/login_maps_address
# E-Mail Address            # SASL Username
/^(.*)$/                $1

Now, it does work. But by reading the man 5 postconf I have the feeling that reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch should already match the SASL login name to the MAIL FROM: address implicitly:

but either the MAIL FROM address is not listed in $smtpd_sender_login_maps <https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sender_login_maps>, or the SASL login name is not an owner for that address.
... but if I then remove the pcre:/etc/postfix/login_maps_address I get this error when trying to send e-mail from the address owner:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[2001:67c:d68:13::e]: 553 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user [email protected]; from=<[email protected]> to=<redacted> proto=ESMTP helo=<[IPV6:2001:67c:d68:13::e]>

... how is so? What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Luca
_______________________________________________
Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to