Clunk Werclick wrote:
> That is very reassuring Thomas, thank you.
>
> Now I don't know if I should stay with SQL or drop to maps ? It is
> easier to configure with SQL from a web based front end - but to get SQL
> to dump to flat files and Postmap is also only a few Perl lines. What is
> a fool to do ? :-#

If you're comfortable with SQL: stay with SQL. Load should absolutely
not be an issue with your estimated traffic - and even if I could tell
some scary anecdotes regarding MySQL: it is pretty stable. Please also
note that all my Postfix instances are using TCP, not local sockets. And
it still performs very well!

"Dump to flat files" is an option, but I don't see any reason why you
should do so: it just adds one more layer of complexity to your system.
If you're writing an SQL frontend you have all config right there in
realtime, are not forced to reflect about possible locking issues (what
happens if you run your "recreate-flat-files"-script simultaneously more
than once etc) - and if you add another Postfix host in the future all
you need to do is providing it some credentials to connect to your DB.

Regards,
Thomas