2009/7/22 Clunk Werclick <clunk.wercl...@wibblywobblyteapot.co.uk>:
> What I am not understanding is this is my list:
>
> debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,smtpd_access_maps
>
> I don't understand which 'table type' is in charge of virtual and relay.
> It is perhaps not very clear?

It just means that when one of these features is used, it will test
parent domains. Seeing as you haven't shown us the output of `postconf
-n`, we can only guess. I'm going to guess that it's most likely using
mynetworks and smtpd_access_maps.

As Noel said, you should rest assured that postfix is doing exactly
the checks it needs to implement the functionality as documented.

Who's to say what "a lot" of lookups are? Why do you think mysql will
Just Crash? You're far better off looking at the general load and
responsiveness of your server than checking how many queries mysql is
doing.