Clunk Werclick wrote:
I think perhaps 4-12 queries per message is not optimal?
If server handle 50,000 a day X 12 that is quite a lot? I don't think
it is going to get may fields returned for .co.uk .uk in my database?

Postfix does the lookups required to route your mail properly.

I stress much that this is not Postfix, it is my silly configuration of
Postfix. Am learning as I go along so plenty of things wrong probably:

This is output;

postconf -n
relay_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/relay_domains.cf

Unless relay_domains changes frequently, better to keep it in a hash table. Or just set it explicitly empty if you don't have any relay_domains.

If you do have some relay_domains, you should also use relay_recipient_maps to define which recipients are valid. Failure to do this will eventually get you blacklisted for backscatter.

smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 3
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 3

That's terribly low. The anvil limit settings are intended to prevent gross abuse and must not be used for traffic shaping.

transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/transport.cf

better to keep transport_maps in a hash: table unless it changes frequently.

virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_domains.cf

better to keep virtual_mailbox_domains in a hash table unless it changes frequently.

For the tables that I suggest you keep in a hash, if you want to still store the data in mysql you can automate a daily dump to a hash file for postfix to use.

  -- Noel Jones