Lukas,

On 8/4/2009 1:02 AM, Lukas Ruf wrote:

On Monday 03 August 2009 15:34:59 Lukas Ruf wrote:
I cannot understand why Postfix/cleanup rejects particular Subject
lines, since I have been searching for the respective regexps but
haven't found what I've been looking for.  My question is simple:
why are subject lines rejected that I cannot find definitions for?

Probably because they match expressions in your undisclosed [!!]
file of header_checks(5).

Please find attached the header_checks file currently in use:

When I comment the line in main.cf
     header_checks              = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks.pcre
everything works for me as expected.  Thus, I strongly assume there
must be a bug somewhere in the definitions....

Thanks for your support!

wbr,
Lukas

This header_checks file is out of control. It rejects many perfectly reasonable Subjects:

$ postmap -q 'Subject: I need a hand please' \
     pcre:/tmp/map
REJECT

$ postmap -q 'Subject: for election news' \
      pcre:/tmp/map
REJECT

Your question re: matching 'ferte e':

$ postmap -q 'Subject: ferte e' pcre:/tmp/map
REJECT  <--- matched HERE

whiche come from (the modified):
/^Subject: .*F.R.E.E/         REJECT  <--- matched HERE

Spend some time learning about REs. And consider instead of this monstrosity header_checks file a content filter or other more sufficient means.

If you must use header_check rules, include unique identifiers at the end of your REJECTs so that you can find which ones hit. See example with <---- HERE above.

See:
http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html
http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html