On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:32 AM, /dev/rob0<r...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> Please stop the top-posting.
OK, I'm sorry.

> On Thursday 20 August 2009 09:09:34 Israel Garcia wrote:
>> This is the postconf -n on my smarthost server.
>
>> myhostname = server.domain
DONE!

> Typically myhostname should be a real DNS name, resolvable from
> outside, and should also be the valus of the PTR for the IP address.
>
>> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8  xx.xx.xx.xx  #<-- my.network.subnet
>
> 1. Munging essential information will make it impossible for you to
>   get real help.
> 2. You're going to have to limit this to hosts that you TRUST. If
>   that's the empty set, unset it: "mynetworks =".
>
>> myorigin = /etc/mailname
>
> Be sure to read your Debian README for Debian-specific information.
>
>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
>
> Why?
DELETED!

>> With this conf, only the IPs from mynetworks relay mail throuhg
>> the smarthost. BUT, I repeat, users can send mail from their
>> servers using any sender address. How can I block this?
>
> Did you know that this default behavior has always existed for mail
> systems? Did you know that this is a FAQ on this list, I believe
> already asked once this week?
>
> Is this an actual problem, or a theoretical one? If you have actual
> abusers (senders using external addresses are probably not real
> abusers, but that's for you to decide) revoke their access to your
> network. Political/social problems generally do not have solutions
> that are technological.

theoretical.

> The answer, repeated for you and yet again for the archives, is to
> require and enforce authentication, and use smtpd_sender_login_maps,
> listing sender addresses you allow for each SASL AUTH user.
>
>    http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
>    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sender_login_maps
>
> You then use reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch *before*
> permit_sasl_authenticated in your smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
> --
>    Offlist mail to this address is discarded unless
>    "/dev/rob0" or "not-spam" is in Subject: header

well, here's my actual postconf -n

append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
config_directory = /etc/postfix
disable_vrfy_command = yes
inet_interfaces = all
local_recipient_maps =
local_transport = error:local mail delivery is disabled
mailbox_size_limit = 1024000
mydestination =
myhostname = vps198.domain.xxx
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 67.XXX.XX.0/24
myorigin = /etc/mailname
readme_directory = no
relayhost =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,
check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access,   permit_mynetworks,
 reject
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,     permit
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 60
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 10
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access
hash:/etc/postfix/recipients,     permit_mynetworks,      reject
smtpd_restriction_classes = no_spam
smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/blackwhitelist
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 60

Now that I control all mail on this server, What would add to this
configuration in order to improve the cuality of my mail service.
Thanks.

--
Regards;
Israel Garcia