Dear friends,
Thanks for this nice discussion. Actually, as a project, we are going to
deliver an e-mail architecture which supports over 1000000 users. We use
Postfix, courier-imap, amavisd-new, spamassassin and clamav and of course
the tools needed to balance the load between multiple instances of the
mentioned tools. We use specmail to test our architecture. Recently, we have
introduced our intended e-mail filtering platform consisting amavisd-new,
spamassassin and clamav to the architecture and we have observed significant
delivery time decrease regarding Postifx. As a way out, we thought of the
ways which made it possible to do offline virus scanning, but actually we
have found that amavisd-new together with it's filtering tools is a serious
performance bottleneck.
I really appreciate suggestions regarding this scenario.

Warm Regards
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani