On 11/30/2009 3:11 AM, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:
Stan, Hi Thanks for your detailed response. Actually, the main reason
which drove us toward performing virus scanning as an offline process
was performance. As we deal with large amounts of e-mails, we found
the way amavisd-new or other filtering management tools performing
filtering too slow. We intended to somehow decrease the amount of
load which amavisd-new or similar tools impose on the architecture.

Did you only try virus filtering within amavisd-new, or did you also try
using the clamav-milter at SMTP time?  How much are you blocking at SMTP
time and how much is getting through to amavisd for scoring?

(On a side note, I'm curious whether the new clamav milter in ClamAV
0.95 is faster and better then letting the messages reach amavisd-new.
I use the clamav-milter and have disabled virus scanning on the
amavisd-new side.)