Ali Majdzadeh:
> Wietse,
> Hi
> Thanks for your reply. I recall that I had read about another filtering
> option available in Postfix which was called smtpd_proxy_filter (if I spell
> it correctly) and which filtered messages before queuing. So, is there any
> difference between the so-called method and using Milter?
> Thanks again.

Both Milter and smtpd_proxy_filter process mail before it is queued.
The smtpd_proxy_filter approach is more general (it uses SMTP
instead of the Milter protocol). I haven't done performance
comparisons.

If your performance is inadequate, I suggest that you do a detailed
system performance analysis to find out if the limit is CPU, memory,
file I/O or perhaps some trivial DNS configuration problem.