On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Kenneth Marshall <k...@rice.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 10:02:32AM -0500, Roman Gelfand wrote:
>> I am running postfix with anti spam filter (policyd-weight, sqlgrey,
>> grossd, dkim, senderid-milter, dspam) .  With this configuration, I am
>> down to under 10 spams a day.  Looking at my backend server which is
>> exchange 2007, I find that all of the remaining spam messages have
>> spam confidence level of 7 or greater, which implies this is blatant
>> spam.  Is there spam filter software software that works with postfix
>> that can perform checks similar to that of exchange 2007 spam
>> confidence level?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
> Hi Roman,
>
> To truly check how the Exchange 2007 spam confidence level works,
> try passing all of the mail from postfix to the Exchange server. I
> would be almost certain that more than 10 messages will make it
> through a day. If not, then just use the Exchange processing and
> you are done. If you do try the test, I would be interested in
> the results so please post them.

No question, exchange 2007 leaves a lot to be desired compared to
postfix, dspam and other filtering features.  Believe me I have tried
both.   Without the edge server, I was getting in access of 400 spams
a day.  With the current setup I was getting at most 10 spams a day.
Out of those ten spams, the spam confidence level ranged between 7-9
which tells exchange, without a doubt, this is spam.  My thoughts are,
it can't be that exchange caught it and postfix and friends didn't.
Therefore, it must something to do with my postfix configuration
and/or additional filtering servers and their configurations.

I just saw one spam email where the policyd-weight is -8.5, as this ip
is not blacklised,  and SPF is PASS, but exchange's spam confidence
level is 8.

BTW.. Just for the features alone it is worth switching to postfix.  I
think it is light years ahead and without all the fluff.

Thanks>