Steve a écrit :
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:37:18 +0100
>> Von: mouss <mo...@ml.netoyen.net>
>> An: postfix users list <postfix-users@postfix.org>
>> Betreff: Re: anti spam measures
>
>> Roman Gelfand a écrit :
>>> I am running postfix with anti spam filter (policyd-weight, sqlgrey,
>>> grossd, dkim, senderid-milter, dspam) .  With this configuration, I am
>>> down to under 10 spams a day.  Looking at my backend server which is
>>> exchange 2007, I find that all of the remaining spam messages have
>>> spam confidence level of 7 or greater, which implies this is blatant
>>> spam.  Is there spam filter software software that works with postfix
>>> that can perform checks similar to that of exchange 2007 spam
>>> confidence level?
>>>
>> we can't really tell since we didn't see the messages that made it
>> through postfix+friends.
>>
>> if the messages contained a URI listed at uribl or surbl, then you could
>> try using uribl/surbl via milter-link or via spamassassin (via
>> amavisd-new).
>>
>> anyway, You can add spamassassin (via amavisd-new) to your chain and see
>>  if it improves your filtering.
>>
> I am for sure one of the people that should keep his mouth shut since I have
> a to strong bias but SpamAssassin? Why? He is using DSPAM and if I would
> purpose him another free solution then only something like CMR114 or OSBF-Lua.

because I don't believe he will improve his filtering by adding more
statistical filters (I think: if this was true, he can improve by better
training/tuning of dspam). In contrsat, adding a finely tuned heuristic
filter will certainly improve his results.

one example: Justin Mason anti-fraud rules (JM_SOUGHT*) will block fraud
mail that you can't block statistically (because you don't get enough of
it to train a statistical filter). unless if you are a large ISP/MSP
with users who report fraud mail quickly and you train your filter with
these reports quickly.

other examples include: URIBL rules (granted, you can use milter-link),
DNSxL rules applied to Received headers (mail that is "touched" by a
host in Spamhaus SBL is unwanted!)...

Once again, I said "add spamassassin" not replace dspam. This is because
OP wanted to block "more". but adding SA in a way that improves his
results is not effort free. which is why I said:

>> at one time, the question becomes: is the additional effort worth the
>> pain?
>>
> Good question.

I personally am from the school of access control before content
filtering. so I don't feel comfortable arguing for SA vs dspam vs
foofilter.