On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 05:40:40PM -0600, adrian ilarion ciobanu wrote:

> > > So I would push the socket to scache after I'm done setting it up
> > > from SMTPD (auth, policy checks) and forget about it. If it times
> > > out before local smtp will start deliver then the client is welcome to
> > > reconnect.
> > > This will happen if it has to happen in SMTPD or in SCACHE the same way.
> > > In fact it's a descriptor passing tweaked for smtp deliveries. Nice! :)
> >
> > Yes, but in this case, because the client is authenticated, and requesting
> > a service that it is willing to wait for with typical SMTP command timeouts,
> > the scache lifetime of the cache entry needs to be (significantly) higher.
> > I would suggest ~300s. There may need to be some minor scache code tweaks
> > to support a new class of longer-lived cache slots.
>
> The client still enjoys typical smtp timeouts on smtpd side. What is going to
> scache is a ready to go descriptor for the local smtp client to start
> delivering
> for a domain. Some sort of shortcircuit so the smtp client wont lookup
> transports
> for the domains and connect to atrnd(8) plus it will solve the
> many-UNIX-addrs problem.
>
> My question now is if i can register with scache the same socket for
> multiple domains.

You associate a fixed nexthop with each authenticated client, and their
entire set of domains. You flush either all their domains, or the subset
they requested. The scache entry is for the client-specific nexthop, not
the recipient domain.

        example.com     atrn:[client1.atrn.invalid]
        example.net     atrn:[client1.atrn.invalid]
        example.org     atrn:[client2.atrn.invalid]

The scache slot is for "[client1.atrn.invalid]".

--
        Viktor.

environment.  If you are interested, please drop me a note.