> > master.cf smtpd process entry:

> >          -o
> >  smtpd_data_restrictions=check_sender_access,pcre:/etc/postfix/add_my_header
> >
> > /etc/postfix/add_my_header:
> >     /^/   PREPEND  X-My-Header: Hello_world
> >
> > Easier than I thought.  Now,  PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I'm
> > wondering why no one  offered this solution.  Am I doing something I should
>not
> > be  doing?
>
> Nothing wrong with the above setting if it solves your original  problem.

OK, thanks.

> I expect no one offered that as a solution because you have yet  to explain
> what problem you're trying to solve in a way everyone  understands.

Sorry, I'm not sure how else to say I'm just trying to add an unconditional
header to outgoing messages.  But due to the similarity of problem sets, I can
see how this is easily confused with the other things I've been asking about.
Sorry for the mess.

> Good luck.

Thank you and thank everyone for the excellent help.