> > Here is what I've done with the typo corrected.  Is  this a Bad

> > Idea?  Are there problems with naively using the domain  from the
> > recipient email address as the
> > nexthop value?
> >
> > master.cf:
> >
> > smtp2 unix  -       -       n        -       -       smtp
> >              -o smtp_bind_address=bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb
> >
> > 127.0.0.1:10024 inet  n       -        n       -       -       smtpd
> >             -o  content_filter=
> >             -o
> >  receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks
> >              -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
> >              -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
> >              -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
> >              -o  smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
> >              -o
> >
>smtpd_data_restrictions=check_recipient_access,pcre:/etc/postfix/send_to_smtp2
> >              -o  smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=
> >              -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
> >              -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
> >
> >  /etc/postfix/send_to_smtp2:
> >    /@(.+)/   FILTER  smtp2:$1
>
> This sends all mail to transport "smtp2". If that is what you  want,
> then you can get a better result with "default_transport =  smtp2",
>
> You can get a simpler result by adding "-o  smtp_bind_address..."
> to the default "smtp" delivery  transport.

Sorry, the smtpd listener on port 10024 only gets *some* of the mail on the
server.  There is another smtpd listener on a different port that I didn't show
that does not use the "smtp2" process to send mail.  Thus, only the mail that I
route into the smtpd listener on port 10024 is sent via the IP address
bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb.

So it does seem possible (and reasonably simple) to achieve this feature, but
I'm still keen to know if there are any Bad Ideas lurking with this scheme.