jeremy.als...@imap-mail.com:

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:02 -0400, "Wietse Venema" <wie...@porcupine.org>
> wrote:
> > If the above required different banners on different IP addresses,
> > then surely I would have mentioned this.
> >
> > If the above required TWO postscreen daemons running on the same
> > host, then surely I would have mentioned this.
> >
> > I could write thousands of lines of documentation about all the
> > things that you don't need to do.
> >
> > Or you could just take the hint: if the docs don't say something
> > is required, then it really is not required.
>
> I'm sorry I thought this list was for new users too.
>
> Everybody says take one step at a time.  Which I'm doing. I've been
> doing as much reading as I can, and find a bunch of stuff confusing.  So
> I try to ask nicely and thank folks for their time.
>
> If you're gonna get ornery because I'm not as smart as an expert about
> all this stuff this then I should really take the other hint too, and go
> bark up a different tree.

I'm not trying to be rude (though I could be more diplomatic). It's
just sad to see someone spend so much effort on non-problems (chasing
mirages in the desert, as I called it recently).

If the goal is really implementing postscreen's MX policy enforcement,
then that definitely needs to wait until you have run a basic Postfix
installation for several weeks if not months.