On Monday, April 11, 2011, 14:02:37, jeremy.als...@imap-mail.com wrote:
> There's no wisdom here, just what I've been told -- use a minimum of 2.
> All of the examples that I see have at least two MX records.
> One of the fellas at the user group who told us about PostFix wast
> talking about best -practices and put up a slide about this
> Symantec Brightmail Gateway (SBG) - Best Practices: New Deployments.
> http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH122730&key=53991&actp=LIST
> that says " You must have at least two MX records and then proper A and
> PTR record for each host that will handle email."

The  intent  behind  this  suggestion  is redundancy so when one is down
because  of  hardware/network  issues  or  you're performing maintenance
there will be another box that can accept the mail.

If you only have one physical box you've severely limited that concept.

--
r...@polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh