--On November 19, 2014 at 7:40:07 PM -0500 Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

Viktor Dukhovni:
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 03:07:19PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > Sorry, the login table lookup must handle the original address as
> > the lookup key via a single query.
>
> And clearly postfix is already designed in some cases to do multiple
> queries based on the results of previous queries.

This is not a productive direction to pursue.  The feature you're
looking for is not there, and is not planned.  You need to find
a different solution.

If Quanah is asking for the sender login map to automagically
expand Postfix virtual alias maps, then don't count on that to
ever happen.

Not really, no.

My point is there are three queries necessary to deliver this email. Postfix does two of them, and gets all of the data it needs via those two queries to do the third and final query, and thus deliver the email. I understand it is the prerogative of the postfix team to not further expand the queries, so that's that. If there was a way to use an lmdb table to rewrite the request for the domain prior to the LDAP lookup, that'd be another way to solve the issue.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect