Hi,

I'm looking deeper into bounce handling in Postfix and cam across 2 issues:

 1)  The default From: header, "MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery System)",
is not RFC valid.

      It can change, though.

      in ubuntu install the postfix-doc package, then
      cat /usr/share/doc/postfix-doc/examples/bounce.cf.default | sed
-e 's/From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery System)/From:
postmas...@example.net/' > /etc/postfix/bounce.cf
      and the add to main.cf
      bounce_template_file=/etc/postfix/bounce.cf

      Is there a simple way to achieve this ?

      I noted that Postfix 2.12 adds mydomain and myhostname to be
used in the bounce template and changing the template to
MAILER-DAEMON@$myhostname would also simplify.
      Or having something like $bounce_from_address (default to
MAILER-DAEMON@$myhostname ) it would  be very nice.

 2) I want to forward bounces to a specific host. I was looking for a
way to specify a relayhost  or a transport for that class of messages
and couldn't find a way to achieve that.
     I cannot use sender_dependent_default_transport_maps, because I
only want to apply to messages generated by Postfix and not messages
in transit.

     What is the best way to do this ?

Regards,
José Borges Ferreira