On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> Jose Borges Ferreira:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking deeper into bounce handling in Postfix and cam across 2 issues:
>>
>>  1)  The default From: header, "MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery System)",
>> is not RFC valid.
>
> YOU create a non-compliant configuration when YOU disable
> append_at_myorigin for local submission.

Thanks for pointing out where the problem is.
I have to maintain a quite complex setup and this was already set.
Next time will also test on a Postfix instance with minimal changes.

>>  2) I want to forward bounces to a specific host. I was looking for a
>> way to specify a relayhost  or a transport for that class of messages
>> and couldn't find a way to achieve that.
>
> There is no RFC that requires this. I am highly-suspicious when
> people want to handle NDRs differently; they usually have a problem
> that they want to cover up.

The RFC reference was for 1).
This is more about policy than anything else.

This is the scenario.
Box 1 : just receive email from "outside" - inbound flow.
Box 2 : used to sent email to the "outside" - oubound flow.

Firewalls are set in a way that don't allow Box 1 to send traffic to
the "outside", so i need to route bounces (and defers) generated in
Box 1 to Box 2.

José Borges Ferreira