On Thu, 19 Nov 2015, Wietse Venema wrote:

Vicki Brown:
cutedge is a company that makes a mail /postfix startup service front end.
This was a spurious (coincidental) error, long past resolved and
unrelated. /usr/local/cutedge/postfix/etc is actually a symlink
to /etc/postfix...

This is NOT LONG PAST RESOLVED.

You have programs that STILL USE /usr/local/cutedge/postfix/etc as
the Postfix configuration directory. Those programs will not work.

Vicki, I long ago used Cutedge's product to get me going with Postfix. As far as I know, their product is designed to get Postfix (and Dovecot) set up on a "Client" version of OS X (that is, not OS X Server). Yet IIRC from an earlier post of yours, you're using OS X Server. Considering how (as I understand it) Apple likes to keep the guts of their server products hidden (as well as making non-standard changes to them), I suspect mixing the two is not a good idea.

-- Larry Stone
   lston...@stonejongleux.com