I am working from the following data

qshape deferred = TOTAL 10
qshape -s deferred = TOTAL 9

qshape active = TOTAL 2819
qshape -s active = TOTAL 1469

If I am reading these results incorrectly please let me know.

No mail sits on any form of a file server, all queues are local to sending
server.

You mentioned clocks, that could be a potential issue. The sending server
in this case is UTC, and the receiving server is PST. How would this
manifest itself?

Thanks in advance.