On 15/3/2016 11:44 πμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

So, it seems that initially the above compilation options are disabled. Right?

To answer my own question, in fact, it's the other way round! For example:

   %bcond_without ldap

means ldap is enabled by default!

And a second question: Could we build the package as postfix (not postfix3) so as to be able to replace the default OS postfix package on installation (automatic upgrade)?

This question remains open, so please advise.

By the way, it seems to me that an important option to add to the spec file is Dovecot SASL (used quite extensively these days).

So, I "merged" some stuff from S. J. Mudd's RPMs and the build rolled fine. (Note however that I did not try to build without sasl support.)

You may want to merge it more intelligently -as I am not proficient in spec files-. You may find the modifed file at: http://iweb.noa.gr/files/postfix3.1.0-1.noanet.spec

Added sections are marked using:

   # Added by Nick - Section x of 4
   #
   <code>
   #
   # End of Nick Section x

   where x = 1 - 4

A final query: S.J. Mudd's SRPMs included an SPF option. Is this option still valid/meaningful/useful in latest postfix versions?

All the best,
Nick