On 16/03/16 03:16, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 15/3/2016 11:44 πμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>
>> So, it seems that initially the above compilation options are
>> disabled. Right?
>>

> To answer my own question, in fact, it's the other way round! For example:
>
>    %bcond_without ldap
>
> means ldap is enabled by default!

Correct, they're all enabled.

>> And a second question: Could we build the package as postfix (not
>> postfix3) so as to be able to replace the default OS postfix package
>> on installation (automatic upgrade)?

The package was named that specifically to avoid automatically updating
people who were using my older (2.11 and previous) packages.  These 3.x
packages have dynamic map support so you have to install (for example)
postfix3-pcre in order to get pcre support and postfix3-mysql to get
mysql support, before all the db types had installed in one package (the
advantage with the new way is you don't have to install mysql libs if
you don't want mysql support, etc).  If I had left the package named
postfix (without the 3) then people running my old postfix 2.11 package
would have been automatically upgraded, but in the process they would
have lost support for all the db types (because they would not have
postfix-foo installed), thus potentially breaking their system on an
automatic upgrade.  To avoid doing that the package was named postfix3.

You are, of course, wecome to rebuild it as postfix if you want.

You can upgrade in place in this way:

yum --enablerepo=gf-testing shell
remove postfix
install postfix3 postfix3-pcre ...
run

...then yum will do all of the above as a single step and upgrade from
the system postfix package to the posfix3 packages.

> By the way, it seems to me that an important option to add to the spec
> file is Dovecot SASL (used quite extensively these days).

Dovecot SASL is in the package and works:
[root@el7-test postfix]# postconf -a
cyrus
dovecot

> So, I "merged" some stuff from S. J. Mudd's RPMs and the build rolled
> fine. (Note however that I did not try to build without sasl support.)

All you're doing here is doubling up on -DUSE_SASL_AUTH and changing
hard-coded defaults to dovecot.  Leave well enough alone and put your
dovecot SASL settings in main.cf where they belong.

Peter