> On Jun 29, 2016, at 1:06 PM, Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
> wrote:
>
> AND NOW I'M CURIOUS... What kinds of backgrounds and roles do people here
> have?  Is managing a postfix installation part of your official duties, or
> something that you've fallen into?

CS degree from before the 'Net, missed the 'Net programming on toy OS's (CP/M,
MSDOS, etc.), and decided to learn IP networking when I retired. Rented a
domain and a T1, bought a couple servers, a router, and several pounds of
O'Reilly books (and one on Postfix), installed Linux, and started typing.

Downhill ever since :-)

Managing Postfix is more a recreational duty that I fell into by choice.
Postfix is a delightful piece of software.

--
Glenn English